On the packaging of some electrical products, we can often see cushioning packaging materials, which can effectively protect the product and avoid collisions. Commonly used cushioning packaging materials generally include: pearl cotton, foam, packaging air bags, kraft paper, and so on. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these types of cushioning packaging materials?
1. Polyethylene foam plastic EPE, we commonly call it pearl cotton:
Features: low density, good flexibility, high recovery rate; shockproof performance is better than polyethylene plastic;
Application areas: household appliances, furniture, craft gifts, instruments, wood products, building waterproof, sound insulation, travel luggage, pipe insulation, etc.
2. Polyethylene foam material EPS, we commonly call foam board:
Advantages: good shockproof and buffering capacity, high compressive strength (the higher the density, the higher the compressive strength), low water absorption, grease resistance, and low price.
Disadvantages: not environmentally friendly; prone to plastic deformation due to compression, poor reusability, fragile, and easy to accumulate dust.
Application: Packaging of household appliances and industrial products.
3. Packaging air bags, made of 7-layer nylon co-extruded film (PE+PA)
Advantages: a variety of categories and specifications, widely used, most companies are using this packaging material, easy to recycle, load-bearing, environmentally friendly, does not pollute the environment, and is cheap;
Disadvantages: easily pierced by sharp objects. If the packaging air bags is touched by a sharp object, the air column bag will damage the air leakage, and the leaking air column bag cannot be used again.
Application: Fragile glass products, precision instruments, hardware products, electronics industry, logistics and transportation, auto parts, beverages, and food, etc.
4. Kraft paper buffer, composed of an inner bag and an outer bag. The inner bag is made of PE+NY (PA nylon) seven-layer co-extruded film and the outer bag is made of kraft paper + PP braided yarn.
Advantages: In line with the needs of the European and American cushioning packaging market, paper cushion packaging can play a very good role in filling, winding, fixing, and buffering, and paper is a recyclable material, so there is no need to consider environmental protection and recycling issues. However, the price is Higher.
Application: Mainly used in the protection of cargo movement in trucks, containers, and railway transportation, as well as filling the gaps between the internal equipment and cargo in the carriage.
What is the cushioning performance of all kinds of cushioning packaging materials on the market?
If you want to know which cushioning packaging material is more suitable for your use, you must first understand the performance of various cushioning packaging materials:
1. Vibration absorption capacity of packaging materials
In the process of transportation, loading and unloading, and handling, the goods are not only affected by external forces but also impacted by an acceleration in the vibration process. The external force of vibration can easily cause the resonance phenomenon of the packaged product. If the amplitude is increased, it will easily cause damage to the article. Therefore, the cushioning material should have the performance of absorbing and damping vibration.
2. The resilience of packaging materials
The cushioning material is prone to deformation due to the load. When the load is removed, the deformation of the material will disappear and return to its original shape. This degree is called restorability. The load on the material includes long-term static pressure load and shock and vibration load. The former is static recovery, and the latter is dynamic recovery. Those materials that absorb high energy but have poor restorability are not suitable as cushioning materials.
3. The absorption performance of packaging materials for impact energy
Rigid cushioning materials have greater impact energy absorption, and they are suitable for applications where the impact force is small, and the cushioning materials should have the ability to absorb the energy generated by the impact. However, there is not an absolute relationship between the size of the material's absorption performance and the size of the impact energy received, and it is not that the greater the absorption, the better the material. When selecting cushioning materials, suitable materials should be selected according to the stress-strain curves of various materials.
The current market for cushioning packaging includes cushioning materials such as foam, pearl cotton, paper, etc., but these materials have average impact resistance, and it is difficult to meet the anti-cushion requirements during modern transportation, and the products are easily damaged; secondly, this type of material The package of materials is not clean and the grade is low.
1. The composition of packaging air bags is composed of PE and nylon. Nylon has excellent tensile properties and excellent recovery properties;
2. The packaging air bags is composed of 95% air and 5% film. The air has excellent absorption performance for impact energy and vibration energy and is extremely compressible;
3. The packaging air bags meets the seventh category of environmental resource recycling, which can be naturally degraded or recycled and is green and environmentally friendly. Therefore, the inflatable bag is a new and excellent environmental protection material.